Re: Autoweek Story: Don't Mention the '46 Crosley around Grandpa!

parkhunter@...

I knew a guy in Indiana who mustered out of the military in Ohio a year or two after WW II. His dad bought him a new Crosley to celebrate. After driving it back across Ohio and Indiana to get home, he sold it immediately and bought a used Ford. “Never again,” he swore. Not so much because it broke, but because it was such a cheap, slow, uncomfortable little sardine can it scared him to drive it. This was an unsolicited story long before I owned my car.

Ironically, those are the same qualities I find endearing about my Crosley.

- Park