Re: Autoweek Story: Don't Mention the '46 Crosley around Grandpa!

L.E. Hardee

It is true that the early Crosleys were not universally loved.  My uncle (by marriage) told me that he was a Crosley dealer right after WWII.  He got a delivery of 6 Crosleys.  He said he sold those 6 cars many times because the new owners kept bringing them back demanding a refund.  It took him several years to stop being a Crosley dealer with only those 6 cars.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 8:38 AM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
Neat story,  There must have been many Crosley owners with the same feeling. In fact, I bet every one of us current Crosley owners have had that same feeling at one time or another. I know I have. And then, I go back out to the garage the next day and fall in Love all over again !

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020, 8:06 AM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
Not a pro Crosley story but probably true of a lot of early post war Crosley that were used for harder duty than they were capable of doing.
https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/classic-cars/a31070092/dont-mention-the-46-crosley-around-grandpa/