Crankshaft Pulley Mounting and Repairs

nobadrivers

Going through some repairs on my Crosley engine I discovered someone must have broken what I thought was the pulley bolt but after removing the pulley and checking out a spare engine that I have I see that it is a stud that is part of the crankshaft.  Where they all like this?  I imagine I am not the only one that has this misfortune.  What are people doing to repair this?  I imagine the pulley never came off when it was running because of the long splined sleeve on the pulley and that combined with the fan belt keeping it from walking forward.