Re: COBRA Block

James Dlapa

Bruce. If you can get your hands on “American machinist magazine” dates August 28, 1947 there is a great article in manufacturing processes of the Cobra engine. If not
The October 2019 issued of the “tin block times” which is the west coast Crosley clubs publication reprinted the article. It is a very interesting read. Reach out to either Tim Foster or Rick Alexander to see about getting a copy.

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 6:03 AM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bruce;
     I don't know where you live in Florida, however, this Saturday the 22nd, the Florida Region is having a meet in Sarasota.  If you go on the Clubs Facebook page (Crosley Automobiles Fun Little Cars) and make a request, I am sure someone will have a tin block they can bring along. Also if you look at the club web page under Crosley Engine family Tree, you may find much of the information you are looking for.
                    Dave Anspach

On Sunday, February 16, 2020, 08:44:30 AM EST, bruce.derenski via Groups.Io <bruce.derenski=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Crosley Fans,

I work for a contractor that is interested in innovative ways of making an engine block, specifically methods that don't require casting. I immediately thought of the COBRA. Are there any specific members on here who are knowledgeable about exactly HOW Crosley manufactured that engine? Any books, articles or publications would be helpful, too. So would seeing one of these engines close-up. I live in Florida, so a local source is best, but I can travel. Also, some questions for anyone who has disassembled a COBRA: Does the COBRA block look any different than a CIBA? In other words, can you look at a COBRA block and see how it was made? I'm trying to figure out if it's worthwhile to get my hands on an old COBRA block for the purpose of examining it, and perhaps even breaking it down into its original stamped components.

Thanks in advance. You folks are great.