Re: COBRA Block

Jim Bollman

Our club website is a good place to start your research.

Lots of members of the Gang have experience with the CoBra, some even have running examples in cars. Bad blocks for disassembly should be fairly easy to get, Good blocks for making a running engines a bit harder. The inside of the engine is basically the same as the CIBA, so if you're interested in that, reprints of the service manual is available from our vendors. Once you actually see a CoBra they are easy to spot.

I'm sure others will jump in but feel free to ask more questions after you have read the link above.

Jim...

On Feb 16, 2020, at 8:44 AM, bruce.derenski via Groups.Io <bruce.derenski@...> wrote:

Crosley Fans,

I work for a contractor that is interested in innovative ways of making an engine block, specifically methods that don't require casting. I immediately thought of the COBRA. Are there any specific members on here who are knowledgeable about exactly HOW Crosley manufactured that engine? Any books, articles or publications would be helpful, too. So would seeing one of these engines close-up. I live in Florida, so a local source is best, but I can travel. Also, some questions for anyone who has disassembled a COBRA: Does the COBRA block look any different than a CIBA? In other words, can you look at a COBRA block and see how it was made? I'm trying to figure out if it's worthwhile to get my hands on an old COBRA block for the purpose of examining it, and perhaps even breaking it down into its original stamped components.

Thanks in advance. You folks are great.