Re: Brake Spring mystery

L.E. Hardee

Question 1 sounds like a bulb ground problem.  When lights are on, the brake light ground through the light circuit but no ground without the tail lights on.  Kinda weird but I have seen it before especially on trailers.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 9:05 PM Paula W <paula_whitney@...> wrote:
Wow - I should have noticed the brake light stopped working.
However -
1 - Is it odd that when the car lights are "on", the tail light brightens when the brake pedal is pushed, but doesn't light at all when the lights are "off"? If the circuit diagram has an answer (figure 33 page 48, plus a magnifying glass) I'm not seeing it. Is that all related to the broken spring?

2 - Is a replacement spring a Crosley part or should I scout hardware stores?