Re: Running on Three Cylinders

seb fontana

Up date is I bought a bore scope and found a pretty carboned up combustion chamber although the piston top had very little as I could see aluminum of the piston..What i could see of the exhaust valve was a lot of carbon but no burn. with cyl #4 at tdc and trans in gear I removed the cam and lifter, retainer/keepers and spring and let the valve rest on head of piston. With bore scope in place and rotating the valve the bad spot came up, it was a slot of missing material right across the valve seat. About 3/16 wide x 3/16 from edge in towards stem..I may fix that one valve but then there 3 more that may got that route. I'll have to check for who can do the seat down the hole. Seb.