Re: Oil Pump Fun

dale@servicemotors.net

What was your pressure, at idle and ar 2500 rpm??

On Jan 15, 2020, at 3:18 PM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

More Oil Pump Fun....Our 48 has also suffered from low oil pressure after it's up to operating temps. Adding a .100 spacer to the bypass spring, and switching to heavier oil helped, but not enough. I bought gaskets & bushings from Dave Edwards & tore into it today. What I found was a pump with no bushings, some wear on the main shaft and housing that allows the main gear to barely rub the housing in one area, and some wear on the gear teeth. What are the best fixes?.....replace with a later style pump?....oversize shaft & bore the housing?....

Attachments: