Re: Strange OIl Filter?? - Any Ideas

Jim Bollman

I asked for more pictures and information. He said he would take some detail pictures of the filter and "The inside of the filter has very fine vane that intertwines with rotating vanes that seem to clean the filter."

Is that a centrifugal filter? I never heard of that type of filter.

Jim...

On Jan 5, 2020, at 7:57 PM, David Reina via Groups.Io <reinadesigns@...> wrote:

Does the shaft spin and is it a centrifugal type of oil filter?  I think some really fancy cars had centrifugal oil filters.

Dave

On Jan 4, 2020, at 8:59 PM, Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:

I assume this is aftermarket but I have never ran across one.

A fellow sent me the following pictures asking for info. We are assuming it is some kind of oil filter. It came off the side of the pan in a 48 Crosley.  The pan pictures show how it was mounted, not sure what the 12 bolt steel reinforced mod was for.

Anyone seen one?

<OilFilter-mod.jpeg><Pan-Outside-mod.jpeg><Pan-Inside-mod.jpeg> <Pan-Outside-mod.jpeg><Pan-Inside-mod.jpeg><OilFilter-mod.jpeg><Pan-Outside-mod.jpeg><Pan-Inside-mod.jpeg><OilFilter-mod.jpeg>