Re: Strange OIl Filter?? - Any Ideas

David Reina

Does the shaft spin and is it a centrifugal type of oil filter?  I think some really fancy cars had centrifugal oil filters.

Dave

On Jan 4, 2020, at 8:59 PM, Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:

I assume this is aftermarket but I have never ran across one.

A fellow sent me the following pictures asking for info. We are assuming it is some kind of oil filter. It came off the side of the pan in a 48 Crosley.  The pan pictures show how it was mounted, not sure what the 12 bolt steel reinforced mod was for.

Anyone seen one?

<OilFilter-mod.jpeg><Pan-Outside-mod.jpeg><Pan-Inside-mod.jpeg> <Pan-Outside-mod.jpeg><Pan-Inside-mod.jpeg><OilFilter-mod.jpeg><Pan-Outside-mod.jpeg><Pan-Inside-mod.jpeg><OilFilter-mod.jpeg>