12v electric water pump

Andy Farley

I've been having trouble getting the water pump aligned properly behind my alternator so that the pump doesn't leak. I decided to develop an electric water pump setup. I think I've got it worked out. I'm using a Prius inverter water pump. It's supposed to provide about 5 gpm. From what I've learned from my research this should be about right. Attached is a picture of the setup. This is just a prototype. I'll let you know how it goes once I get it fired up again. It's hard to see but I've added nipples for the heater once I get it ready.