Re: farmoroad seat

crosleyshortsport

Brian,   Here are the requested photos,  the angle iron is 1 and 1/4 inch and the handle bar is 7/8 inch .
The seat frame is 14 and 1/4 from front to back and 18 and 1/4 wide. The seat back is a regular later style, welded to the seat frame after the tubing was crimped at 3 inches in length. The handle bar is 8 and 1/4 inches high from the bottom of the angle iron to the top of the bar. Let me know if you need further measurements.  Jeffrey

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019, 8:32 AM Brian Dlapa via Groups.Io <treestumpbvd=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
do u have a pic of the side handle side and bottom of the seat frame that connects to the floor
On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 07:42:33 PM CST, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

The springs are stapled to the plywood base and the framed springs are what you sit on with a covering of felt over the top and edges and foam on top. The front of the seat that you sit on slopes up a bit at the front. I actually removed my springs and re-upholstered over a nice heavy two inch foam piece on the plywood. I did this for safety. My kids drive the FarmOroad quite a bit.  I experienced several times almost falling out of the drivers seat when turning right. I re-did both seats to match. Not original, though I could see catastrophe looming. Hope this helps. Jeffrey

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019, 8:02 PM jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
Hello, I am restoring a FOR which came to me with bare seats frames and springs in a box.  I know that the seat bottom has a sheet of plywood.
But I don't know which way the seat bottom springs are oriented.
One side of the seat bottom has circular springs only.  And the other side has circular springs incorporated into a ridgid base with a continuous wire around the perimeter.
Which side goes down, on top of the plywood base?
Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving.
Jeff

Sent from my jphone