Re: farmoroad seat

Brian Dlapa

do u have a pic of the side handle side and bottom of the seat frame that connects to the floor

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 07:42:33 PM CST, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

The springs are stapled to the plywood base and the framed springs are what you sit on with a covering of felt over the top and edges and foam on top. The front of the seat that you sit on slopes up a bit at the front. I actually removed my springs and re-upholstered over a nice heavy two inch foam piece on the plywood. I did this for safety. My kids drive the FarmOroad quite a bit.  I experienced several times almost falling out of the drivers seat when turning right. I re-did both seats to match. Not original, though I could see catastrophe looming. Hope this helps. Jeffrey

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019, 8:02 PM jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
Hello, I am restoring a FOR which came to me with bare seats frames and springs in a box.  I know that the seat bottom has a sheet of plywood.
But I don't know which way the seat bottom springs are oriented.
One side of the seat bottom has circular springs only.  And the other side has circular springs incorporated into a ridgid base with a continuous wire around the perimeter.
Which side goes down, on top of the plywood base?
Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving.
Jeff

Sent from my jphone