Re: Over Heating

Andy Farley

It's not too hard to do. 7/16 socket, 7/16 wrench both a short one and a long one. Drain all of the coolant. Remove the starter,. Make sure you cover or plug the dipstick hole. Remove the hose from the engine to the water pump. Remove the bolts and the covers come off easily by prying them off with a screwdriver. The gunk was an inch high and packed up between the cylinders. It scraped out easily with a screwdriver. Then I flushed anything that was left out with a hose end sprayer. I ordered new side plates from Service Motors mine were badly corroded. $35 for both.