Re: Over Heating

dale@servicemotors.net

I would definitely remove the side plates and check.  So many times they are filled with dirt or rust which would cause your issue.  Resealing them with new gaskets is very easy.  I just did a engine that looked new or very low hours and the water jackets were just packed with dirt and rust.
 Service Motors has those gaskets, give us a call
866-449-0029.

On Oct 21, 2019, at 10:15 AM, Dennis Terdy <dennis.terdy@...> wrote:

Andy,
I don't comment often here, but I would check the side plates! They are not real easy to take off or reinstall, but my jackets were 3/4 full of hardened mineral, etc. deposits. It did make the difference and stopped my CC from overheating! It costs under $5 for the two gaskets.

Dennis

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 11:45 AM Andy Farley <farleya1@...> wrote:
I haven't removed the side plates yet for 2 reasons. The engine looks like it was recently rebuilt and I don't know how to reinstall the side plates and be sure that they have a good seal. The Air baffles didn't make much difference. It gets hot just idling. That's why I'm looking at timing next, but the distributor won't turn, so I need to get it broke loose.

--
Dennis Terdy