Re: Over Heating

Barry Smedley

I agree with Dennis, I had a motor that had been rebuilt but I checked the side plates and they were full of gunk, they are easy to take off I would advise doing it.

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dennis Terdy
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 1:16 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Over Heating

Andy,

I don't comment often here, but I would check the side plates! They are not real easy to take off or reinstall, but my jackets were 3/4 full of hardened mineral, etc. deposits. It did make the difference and stopped my CC from overheating! It costs under $5 for the two gaskets.

Dennis

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 11:45 AM Andy Farley <farleya1@...> wrote:

I haven't removed the side plates yet for 2 reasons. The engine looks like it was recently rebuilt and I don't know how to reinstall the side plates and be sure that they have a good seal. The Air baffles didn't make much difference. It gets hot just idling. That's why I'm looking at timing next, but the distributor won't turn, so I need to get it broke loose.

--

Dennis Terdy

This message contains confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. Any review, disclosure, distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate reply and delete the original message. (English) Ce message contient des informations confidentielles destinées uniquement à l'usage du(des) destinataire(s) nommé(s) ci-dessus. Toute consultation, distribution, copie et utilisation du contenu de ce message est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, SVP avisez l'expéditeur par réponse immédiate et effacez le message original. (French)