Re: Over Heating

Richard Williams

Do you have the baffles in on both sides of the radiator? My 48 ran hot till I put them in. Also there is one in the top of the hood as well. These make the air pass through the radiator rather than around it. I also rodded out the cores too. My 48 now stays at mid range on the gauge. Rich W.

On Monday, October 21, 2019, 02:36:26 AM PDT, Barry Smedley <BSmedley@...> wrote:

Did you take off the side plates and clean the gunk out of the block?

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Andy Farley
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 3:50 AM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Over Heating

I've been having overheating. I put in the air dams, backflushed the block and radiator, installed a thermostat ( there wasn't one), and I still had overheating. I counted the fins in the radiator and found it to be 7 fins per inch. I know I still need to check the timing and carb adjustment but I didn't want to smoke the engine before I got everything fine tuned so I installed an auxiliary fan in front of the radiator with a 140 degree temp switch mounted on the radiator. Fired it up and about the time the block got up to 220 degrees the aux fan kicked in and the temp dropped down to mid scale on on the Dash. The block temp dropped down to about 180 degrees. I'm making progress. I'm very thankful for all of the great information that everyone has posted. I would be lost without you.

This message contains confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. Any review, disclosure, distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate reply and delete the original message. (English) Ce message contient des informations confidentielles destinées uniquement à l'usage du(des) destinataire(s) nommé(s) ci-dessus. Toute consultation, distribution, copie et utilisation du contenu de ce message est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, SVP avisez l'expéditeur par réponse immédiate et effacez le message original. (French)