Re: Question about installing new brake linings on a 47

Butch

Uh,

How do you turn shoes, on a brake lathe? I've worked in a lot of shops, owned a couple of brake lathes, including Ammco and Accuturn. Neither were equipped in any way, to touch a brake shoe.

We turned the drum, to clean it up, then measured the drum, mounted the shoes (one at a time) in the arcing machine and matched them to the drum.

Butch

On 10/18/2019 7:00 PM, STEVE LAMKEN wrote:
The shoes and the drum are both put on the brake lathe and turned at the same time. You may have other ways of doing it but thats how it was done in every shop I worked at in my 46 year career.