Re: Question about installing new brake linings on a 47

Gene Smith

I noticed several brake shoe grinders for sale on ebay starting at less than $200. Also a whole bunch of manuals for various models of same.
~Gene Smith~

On Oct 18, 2019, at 5:40 AM, Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io <flinttim@...> wrote:

It's not an issue of making the shoes "fit" the drum, in other words making the curve of the shoes match the curve of the drum. The shoes pivot on a single point and when pressed will only contact a small area of the shoe/drum . We tend to think the shoes are pressed from their centers out and that's not the case.They only move at the top or the bottom depending on the application.This is why you need to grind the shoes so they are thicker in one area and thinner in others.