Re: Steering wheel removal

Ron D.

Well, I used my washer trick, with a 3 jaw puller, and the wheel is off, without breaking. Once I got the puller snugged up, I tapped each jaw finger at the back of the wheel, and the wheel started moving up. The only adjustment I had to do was loosen the puller, and back the nut off, to maintain a small gap between the nut and wheel. My wheel did not just pop off, it slowly moved up the first 1/4" or more, before I could wiggle it off. Here is a pic of all I needed, other than the 3 jaw puller. I did use black tape to hold the washer halves in place, till the puller held them. I hope this will help someone else,trying to remove their steering wheel. Thanks for everyone's help.