Re: Steering wheel removal

Ron D.

The next thing I will try is this. I took a large flat washer, and cut it in half. I want to slip the two halves behind the wheel, and use a 3 jaw puller. I already have a thick 5/8 fine nut screwed on, to protect the threads. This way, the jaws will pull on the metal washer instead of the plastic of the wheel hub. The washer I cut was too thick to fit between the wheel hub and steering tube.  I then went camping for 4 days, so I hope to get the washer ground down a little thinner tomorrow.

Now that I read Butch's idea, I think this should work about the same.