Re: Question about installing new brake linings on a 47

Tim Hamblen

Here's something I have thought about. What if you took an extra drum (would need a front and rear) glue a good abrasive paper inside the drum . slip the drum on the shoes and backing plate, button it down and start spinning the wheel / tire and basically "grind in " the proper fit ? Right now I'm just at a point where I have the new lining/shoes in place and am just driving it around and "grinding" it to fit. As they start loosening up , adjust a bit tighter and keep going.There's been so many shoes relined and not arc ground, that's what we are all doing anyway.