Re: Question about installing new brake linings on a 47

Butch

We had one but sold it when we sold Service Motors.

Another problem, with the 3/16" inch lining (as I recall), often it won't even fit in the drum, without doing some arcing/grinding on it.

Without the shoe arcing machine, it's a major pain fitting them.

Butch

On 10/11/2019 9:44 PM, Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io wrote:
Here's the problem with brake shoes and linings today. No one arc grinds shoes. Either they don't know how or simply don't have a grinder. I'd love to find an old AAMCO grinder.You just put linings on the shoes without arc grinding the shoes and the shoes are only touching the drums in a very small area. I think this is the single biggest problem with Crosley brakes.It matters not if you have 9" or 8" of lining if they are only touching the drum an inch or two.The very first thing my old auto mechanics teacher?? taught us about brakes was arc grinding shoes.That was 48 years ago. There has to be a grinder out there somewhere.
_._,_._,_