Re: Question about installing new brake linings on a 47

Tim Hamblen

Here's the problem with brake shoes and linings today. No one arc grinds shoes. Either they don't know how or simply don't have a grinder. I'd love to find an old AAMCO grinder.You just put linings on the shoes without arc grinding the shoes and the shoes are only touching the drums in a very small area. I think this is the single biggest problem with Crosley brakes.It matters not if you have 9" or 8" of lining if they are only touching the drum an inch or two.The very first thing my old auto mechanics teacherĀ  taught us about brakes was arc grinding shoes.That was 48 years ago. There has to be a grinder out there somewhere.