Re: Car jack

Paula W

Jim,
My grandfather was a mechanic and chauffeur. I can well believe he didn't want my dad using those screw jacks, hence the scissor jack in Dad's car. Only a theory. My dad was no mechanic. How it turns out the color of the car remains a mystery.
Paula

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 7:51 PM, Jim Bollman
<Jim@...> wrote:
Good luck finding one. Never found one that the owner didn't know what it was.

Would like to see more pictures of the different variations, might make a good Crosley Garage article.

I'm sure that Crosley never left the factory with a scissor jack, would have cost at least a dollar more than the screw jack and Powel wouldn't have allowed that :-)

Jim...

On Sep 15, 2019, at 10:30 PM, Ron D. <rdole417@...> wrote:

Thanks for all the responses and pics. As I said, mine came with a scissor jack, so I would use that if needed on the side of the road. A floor jack in the garage is what will be used at home. I just didn't know what the factory one looked like, as sooner or later, I hope to find one for a couple of bucks at a flea market, from someone cleaning out their dads old "junk".