Re: What is the best method to remove FOR brake drum

Butch

Jeff,

Use the upmost caution, the FOR hubs, are not available for love nor money, or even love AND money!

I'm no fan of the axle drive nuts, use a hub puller and engage all four wheel bolts, if possible.

Penetrating oil and patience are your friends. Heat judiciously, but most of all, take your time.

Butch

On 8/21/2019 8:39 PM, jeff wrote:
For the most stubborn rear brake drum, use an axle drive nut with a hammer,?? or put a hub puller on the four drum bolt holes??? Use heat from a torch on the taper?
Thanks, these hubs haven't been removed in over 40 years.
Jeff