Re: Chrome Plating Parts?

Butch

The originals were a brass alloy, with a VERY thin back. Be very careful with the buffing job, it's quite easy to "buff" all of the way thru them.

Butch

On 8/2/2019 1:44 PM, Gary Cochrane via Groups.Io wrote:
That piece should be stainless.?? You can find these in very good shape and quite buffable for a lot less than the cost of plating.

On Friday, August 2, 2019, 10:29:34 AM PDT, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

Anyone had any plating done lately??? Curious as to what re-plating a hood ornament for the '48 would cost a guy these days.?? The former owner had painted it body color.?? When I stripped it off, I find no rust or damage, but the chrome has freckles where it's been coming off.
_._,_._,