Re: Startup Timing - maintenance and pre-drive

Saltsgaver, Mike

For #1, I usually run the engine long enough that the tail pipe gets warm.  This seems to be long enough to get the moisture out of the muffler so it doesn’t rust out prematurely.

For #2, I usually take right off after the car runs.  Mine likes full choke to catch (initially start), half choke & running for about 10 seconds, then push the choke in & take off.  Mine has the Tilliston carb.

Hella Electronics Corporation, 43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd., 48170, Plymouth Michigan
This document is to be treated confidentially. Its contents are not to be passed on, duplicated, exploited or disclosed without our express permission. All rights reserved, especially the right to apply for protective rights.