Re: king pin replacement on Super Sport

Richard Williams

I have an adjustable reamer. I measure the King Pin and set the reamer for just .oo1 larger. Be careful to not go too far over.

Rich Williams

On Saturday, July 6, 2019, 02:11:00 PM PDT, Dennis Wilkinson <denkath@...> wrote:

Hi: I have a fair amount of play in the pass side king pin, both up and down and side to side on my 1951 Super Sport VC. I think I can get the old bushings out and put new ones in, but do they need to be reamed for alignment? This part bothers me, as need special reamer and could mess it up. Also how do I determine which size pins I have? Measuring the outside caps seems to be about an inch. No help as they appear to come in 1/2" or 5/8". Is this something I should take to a machine shop to get done?  Does not look like too big of deal to remove front axle. Would like some opinions before I tackle this project  Thanks: Dennis.