Re: Starting Problems in Morning

Butch

Howdy Bud,

A couple of different ways. Easiest is, look the carb over well, it should say either Carter or Tillotson on it somewhere. The Tillotson also has a model number stamped into the side.

The Carter had the model number on a tag, most of which a gone.

There is a difference in the size of the air horn, but without already knowing the difference, that's not much help.

The Tillotson, has a one piece, cast alloy body, with a cover plate, and two mixture adjusting screws, diagonally across from each other on the carb. One on top, the other on the bottom.

The Carter has a cast iron base, an alloy body, a cover plate and a separate air horn, that is attached by two screws.

Hopefully, that helps.

Butch

On 7/5/2019 1:10 PM, Bud Martin via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks for the info- Will be away for the meet- also how do I tell what type of carb I have?

On Jul 5, 2019, at 12:48 PM, Butch via Groups.Io <butch46988@...> wrote:

Howdy Bud,

Sorry for the delay, life sometimes gets in the way of fun stuff!

The spark plug gap is .025, the point gap is .020 to .024, with a dwell setting of 44 degrees. The point gap and changing it, will affect your timing.

Will you and your Crosley, be at Wauseon? We will be helping folks and instructing as we can.