Re: Starting Problems in Morning

Butch

Howdy Bud,

Sorry for the delay, life sometimes gets in the way of fun stuff!

The spark plug gap is .025, the point gap is .020 to .024, with a dwell setting of 44 degrees. The point gap and changing it, will affect your timing.

Will you and your Crosley, be at Wauseon? We will be helping folks and instructing as we can.

Butch

On 7/3/2019 1:20 PM, Bud Martin via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Butch -
At this point the car does start but it sometimes struggles to stay running - not sure what carb. I have - maybe you could let me know how to find out also is there a carb setting that I should be aware of. The point setting in the manual is 025 does that sound correct?

Bud ??

ps love my 47

On Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 7:02:41 PM EDT, Butch via Groups.Io <butch46988@...> wrote:

Howdy Bud,

Please, better define you starting problems.

Long cranking, without firing? Will fire, but not keep running? Will try
to run, but dies when you release the starter?

Also, what carburetor have you got, Carter or Tillotson?

More information, please.