Re: '47 light blue Crosley

Bob H.

I plan to attend with my recently departed Dad's 1951 Super Sports. I'm going to put together a flyer with photos of his two '51 CDs that I expect will be for sale in the near future with my phone number and email. I figure it's at least a way of getting in touch with prospective buyers.

Like you, I can't get them to Wauseon.

Good luck!

-Bob

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019, 3:22 PM Donna Bomia <bomiadonna9@...> wrote:
Ty so much for your advice. I would love to keep the Crosley but have no where to store it or the means to making it top notch again. I live in LaSalle Michigan, a stones throw from Wauseon. I haven't a way of getting it there but maybe I could come down with pictures. My brother has the other Crosley our Dad left us.
I love my Dad even though it's been 2 years this July 9th that he went home. He was 93, a WWll hero and .... Sorry.
"Anyways, the car has never been in wreck. If that was true someone would have mistaken it for a tin can alongside a ditch!" LoL
My Dad had a great sense of humor!
Ty again!
Just maybe I might come and see Y'all, with pics.
Donna

On Tue, Jul 2, 2019, 11:50 AM paul <bikertrash@... wrote:
Without trying to be a smart mouth, this question is too subjective and broad to get a real answer. The 47 Crosley is worth exactly what one is willing to pay, what one wants with it, and how much work one can do or have to farm out. Be honest with yourself, do you like it and want it or are you thinking about a flip and making a few bucks? Remember, it's not a 57 Chevy or big engine muscle Mustang, but it is the beginning of a fun little car that will draw crowds away from chrome laden Corvettes at a gathering. Where do you live? Is there a chance you can make it to Wauseon, Ohio (northwest corner of the state) next weekend, sometime July 11-13th? If so, go see the cars and talk with folks. Crosley people are very friendly and approachable. See what the vendors have, get an idea of what you might need and the cost. Evaluate the car you have spotted first. You might discover that even free isn't a great deal if it is but a parts car, incomplete, floors rusted away, gas tank shot, engine stuck, glass broken, rubber gaskets a mess, rodent infested with upholstery and wiring chewed away.  Then again, you may have found a jewel, a preserved piece that can become a wonderful toy without too much work or money, a survivor. Be educated. Parts are around, a Crosley can be built starting with just one good lug bolt but it will never be a six digit or even mid five digit valued car, what are you willing to invest? Does it have transferable paperwork that matches the VIN tag middle of the firewall? If being a Crosley owner is your dream, study, learn, ask, you might find that a finished or nearly done car is a much better investment. Then again if you are handy and prefer the "I did it myself" smile, sit down with the present owner and a pot of coffee, talk honestly. If making money is what you have in mind, I guarantee you won't get rich with this flip.  Paul Rinehart

On 7/2/2019 9:25 AM, Donna Bomia wrote:
I'm trying to get a ball park figure on a '47 light blue Crosley with radio. It's a 2 door and is in fair condition. I'll be pulling it out the barn within the next few weeks so, pictures will be coming but in the meantime anyone have a ballpark figure?

Ty Totally Clueless 🤗