Re: Starting Problems in Morning

PATRICIA GRITTI

Hi Butch
Thank you for jumping in.
The carb is a Carter WO, the one listed in the Crosley shop manual. The engine cranks a long time with no activity. Notice there is no smell of gas after the engine is cranked. When the choke is closed there is 1/8" opening between the choke and the carb wall. After the engine starts by using starting fluid it runs & idles fine.
Don

On July 2, 2019 at 7:02 PM "Butch via Groups.Io" <butch46988@...> wrote:

Howdy Bud,

Please, better define you starting problems.

Long cranking, without firing? Will fire, but not keep running? Will try
to run, but dies when you release the starter?

Also, what carburetor have you got, Carter or Tillotson?

More information, please.

Butch
On 7/1/2019 3:35 PM, Bud Martin via Groups.Io wrote:
My 47 sedan has a issue starting in the morning after sitting overnight - It rums well once I do get it started - did a tune-up - it has a spark and when pulling the fuel line it pumps
Any suggestions Bud