Re: Trailer tie down locations

L.E. Hardee

When I was in a situation where the space for tie downs was too short for the ratchet to fit (ie. 12' car in 14' trailer), I have run the straps from the front of the car to the rear trailer tie down and the straps from the rear of the car to front trailer tie down. 

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 11:13 AM Barry Smedley <BSmedley@...> wrote:

Yankee Crosley

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dennis Wilkinson
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2019 11:03 AM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Trailer tie down locations

Hi: I would love to know more about these frame mount tie downs! Is there a place online that I can see what they are? Sounds like something I could use. Thanks: Dennis

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io <Crosley-Gang@groups.io> On Behalf Of crosleyshortsport
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 9:53 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Trailer tie down locations

You are correct on the location. While Ted has the car, have him install the frame mount tie down parts for you. He has them for sale, and you will be glad you have them. 

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019, 10:45 PM Tom Gerhard <tom@...> wrote:

Big week here -- getting my (formerly my Dad's) '51 Super Sports back from Ted Dellacamera next week after many years in Dad's and then my garage.   Planning to celebrate with a new 7x14 enclosed trailer.   The dealer will install 4 D rings in the trailer for tie downs -- are there any guidance on where to put them?  I assume they would typically be near the front and rear and a bit inboard from the edges.

This message contains confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. Any review, disclosure, distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate reply and delete the original message. (English) Ce message contient des informations confidentielles destinées uniquement à l'usage du(des) destinataire(s) nommé(s) ci-dessus. Toute consultation, distribution, copie et utilisation du contenu de ce message est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, SVP avisez l'expéditeur par réponse immédiate et effacez le message original. (French)

Join Crosley-Gang@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.