Re: 12v conversion with alternator

Andy Farley

I figured out how to make it work. I took a piece of heavy heater hose and attached one end to the water pump. I split the other end, inserted a 7/16 socket and mounted that end to the 7/16 head bolt that comes out of the back end of the alternator shaft. I put a hose clamp around the section of hose where I inserted the socket. This holds the socket in place on the 7/16 bolt. It's solid yet flexible and drives the water pump perfectly without any leaks. Yahoo, going to Mel's Diner in Auburn CA for cruise night tomorrow night.