Re: Clutch adjustments?

Jim Bollman

If you add a lower flywheel shield be sure to keep the weep hole open at the bottom. Rear oil seals can leak enough to build up to the point that the flywheel flings oil around and onto the clutch. I don't use them myself.

On Jun 21, 2019, at 8:05 AM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

The dust cover should be in place. Though much easier to adjust without. If you come to Wauseon, and IF you see a dust cover, grab it. They are a bit tough to find.

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019, 8:02 AM Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
Ya, my first impression was they maybe used a spring which was too light.  I'm familiar with double clutching from spending a lot of time in early Studebaker farm trucks.  I did notice there is no dust shield covering the lower part of the flywheel.  Shouldn't there be one?