Re: Clutch adjustments?

crosleyshortsport

Mike,  Sounds like it probably has a return spring that is too lightweight. You should have some fairly stiff resistance. On a Crosley,You should need to put the clutch pedal all the way to the floor to shift in AND out of gear. Also known as double clutching. You can adjust the throughout bearing closer to the clutch forks, should be a 1/4 inch or so of space between them. Too far back, you will grind gears, too close, you will be chugging.

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019, 7:17 AM Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
The clutch on our "new to us" 48 seems to have a very soft return spring (compared to other cars) & the engagement is very close to the floor (not all the way down, but close).  Is this normal for a Crosley?  I haven't been underneath it yet, but plan to this weekend.  There's no slippage.
thanks,
Mike S