Re: Sliding window hardware?

crosleyshortsport

Mike,  The handle will make it slightly thicker when pushing into the channel. It will make its mark and work though. I had to run the windows back and forth a million times by putting my hands on both sides of the glass, and also using some special silicone spray in the track.

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019, 9:39 PM Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
'62 Ramblers....they are more rare than those handles around here....

So, the handle is the result of the thickness of the glass, plus the thickness of the sealer (2 sided tape???) plus the thickness of the metal. To get all this to fit into the channel, (when closing the windows) do you make a mandrel the same thickness (out of wood or something) and drive it into the channel to "spread" it in that localized area?  The glass seems a little snug in the channels as it is (the channels had been replaced not too long ago).