Re: Looking for help getting `48 wagon running for Nationals. Located in Toledo Ohio area

crosleyshortsport

Sorry, did not attach the photo page for suppliers.    Here it is. ,Jeffrey

On Sat, Jun 1, 2019, 10:36 PM crosleyshortsport via Groups.Io <crosleyshortsport=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Here is a place to start, These suppliers have what you need, and can be helpful with questions you may have. Cleaning or replacing the fuel tank and lines should be the first task. Cleaning up the carb and adding a fresh battery and checking for spark, may get the engine running. I would not be too concerned about leaky gaskets or seals right now. Get it running and rolling and come have some fun again this year at the nationals. Jeffrey Ackerman, Chairman of the meet.

On Sat, Jun 1, 2019, 10:15 PM Todd Swangstu via Groups.Io <oldvw=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Well since I am have got ZERO response I guess I am on my own with trying to get this running by Nationals.  I have been going there for the past decade, usually in my old `66 VW pick up truck and this would be my first year in an actual Crosley if I can get it running.

So I will try to go this route instead.  I used to run a resto shop so the work is not a problem, just the time and knowledge on what to concentrate on to get her going for the show.

So the car ran and drove about a decade ago then parked.

-So I would plan on pulling the gas tank, cleaning and reseal (are these usually savable or should I replace?  If so from where do I buy)
-new fuel lines and probably rebuild the carb if need be.
-It needs tires, I am guessing 4.50-12s what you use trailer tires?
-It was holding water when I got it but after sitting the past year I know see coolant around the edge lip of crankcase and the radiator empty.  So I am guessing those two side covers have lost seal and leaked...someone-place sell the gaskets sets for these?
-should I fool with the main seals on trans and engine or leave as if for now?

My main priority is just getting this up and running driving to buzz around the fairgrounds at Nationals....nothing more.  I recall one year some guys helping fix up someones car as a fund thing.  How you sign up for that...!  LOL

Thanks
Todd
Toledo

On Monday, May 27, 2019, 1:53:35 PM EDT, Todd Swangstu via Groups.Io <oldvw=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Guys, I picked up my first Crosley last summer after nationals.  It is a `48 wagon, ran 10 years ago but was parked in a garage and has been sitting.  I am sure it is going to need gas tank restored, carb, fuel lines, tires the usual gone thru. Not sure I am going to have the time to do it and have it running before Nationals which was my goal.

Does anybody know of a member or collector in the Toledo/Wauseon area that does work on the side and could maybe help me out?

Thanks
Todd
419 705 3366
oldvw@...