Re: Great New Crosley Video on YouTube from M. Park Hunter

Steve Perry

Wish there was a video of that...
Steve

On May 5, 2019, at 3:59 PM, L.E. Hardee <hftsales@...> wrote:

Good video.  It was a nice intro into Crosleys.  One very small point of contention though.  The Crosley would actually do the 70 mph on the speedometer.  Back in my crazy teen years, I had the needle bouncing off the the 70 peg in my stock 1952 Crosley wagon.  It even had the original 13 year old Goodyear Super Cushion tires.  I picked a straight country road with woods on both sides to eliminate cross winds and waited until there was no traffic. The motor was wound tight and the car was about to lift off.  I held it at 70 for about an half mile before I backed off the gas.  It felt like a plane bouncing on the runway just before it leaves the ground.  There is no way you could get me to repeat that run today though.

On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 2:03 PM wpaxt via Groups.Io <wpaxt=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
As I'm sure you all know, there is a dearth of Crosley videos on the web.  M. Park Hunter took the time to do an absolutely wonderful tour, start & drive of his 1948 CoBra Wagon.  It is a must see and I know you will enjoy it as much as I did.

Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6hyfHTIarc&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3jjnNhtri3RSkqyxWMeMqcnXDpKBPEPM9vliW3S7mHk7P2X_2cWf1Ldao

Bill