Re: Calling all water pump afficianados

PATRICIA GRITTI

  1) Jim Bollman; Apologize for bogarting Jeffrey's message. Have not been able to access The Crosley Gang for a new thread. Probably forgot the password.

  2) Jeffrey; If you're the guy who wrote the how to on adapting a modern temp gauge to a Crosley temp face would you write brief hints on doing the conversion for the Crosley Gang? If you're not the guy wish the original writer would step up?

  Don

On April 15, 2019 at 6:15 AM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Paula,  The water pump you hsve shown is not Crosley. The bracket certainly looks correct. I wonder if the same process you describe for repair could be applied to the Crosley pumps. Seems to me that the suppliers for the club would want to perfect the rebuild of our pumps. They could then offer a pump that does not leak.
    Jeffrey Ackerman

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019, 11:50 PM Mike S < miso7@...> wrote:
I purchased a used 4 bolt & a kit from Mr. Edwards (so I could do some tinkering.....I spent 25 years as a water pump engineer).  First thing I noticed was the new shaft appears to be hot rolled steel & was not polished.  I'll work it over in the lathe before trying to use it.