Crosley Generator

Tom Snider <TOMSNIDER5766@...>

At a recent local car show I had a gentleman come up to me and ask me if I’d be interested in a Crosley Generator….I now own it. I primarily wanted to keep it from being scrapped and would like to know if someone has an interest in it.

As per the ID plate it is a Dept. of the Air Force Model No.EG101ES, Serial # AKEG462, built by the Master Vibrator Co. of Dayton, OH. On 3/27/53. It is a 5KW generator.

I understood that all generators used the Tin Block motor, but would that still be true in 1953?

This motor is very complete with the magneto, Carter carb, etc., but has not been run in many years. It does have oil on the dipstick but is very milky. It is in a metal cabinet on skids and most gauges are there and the pan on this one has lines running through it from the radiator. Is that for cooling the oil or for warming it in cold weather??

I have pictures if anyone is interested in it.

I would also like any additional info on this or Crosley generators in general.

Tom Snider

Sent from Mail for Windows 10