Re: 42 Crosley

crosleyshortsport

Bob,   Wherever the Crosley ends up,  We would love to see it at the 2019 national meet. The pre-war is the spotlight class this year as it is 80 years since the first Crosley was built. Ultimately, we just want to see the Crosley find a home with someone who will enjoy driving and showing it.    On the subject of your friend and his business, I am so very sorry for the outcome in that situation. When you build a business from the ground up, it becomes a large part of who you are. My hope is, that he may find peace within, before he passes on.
 Respectfully,   Jeffrey

On Dec 16, 2018 8:35 AM, "Bob Johnson Johnson" <gforcecuda@...> wrote:
I haven’t looked at the engine…But it has two carbs and my mechanic said it was a four banger…I need to go look..he is pretty smart..can’t believe he doesnt now the difference in a two and 4 cylinder motor...

On Dec 16, 2018, at 8:27 AM, Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

Well maybe I'm just stupid , but I found a 42 sold at Barrett Jackson in 2013 and 2015. (Appears to be the same car) but it is a 2 cylinder.  Can't find a 4 cyl .

On Dec 16, 2018 6:55 AM, Bob Johnson Johnson <gforcecuda@...> wrote:
he paid right at $18K for it..it is in my shop waiting for carb kits..good looking little car  very original except for the engine..you can go to Barrett Jackson  put in 42 Crosley…it should pop up..bought it about 4 or 5 years ago..ran great before he parked it with methanol gas  in it…screwed up the carbs…we are waiting for the kits which should be here momentarily…I will try to get some pix but you can see it on Barrett Jackson…neat piece..
On Dec 15, 2018, at 8:01 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

Hi Bob , how much are you looking for? Where is it located? Do you have any pics?

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 4:30 PM Bob Johnson Johnson <gforcecuda@...> wrote:
I just got a 42 Crosley from a friend who is dying…it has the 4 cylinder later engine…my mechanic said it had 2 carbs…did anyone besides Braje make a two carb intake for them?  I want to sell it..don’t know how this site works.