Re: Where Does Oil Where Block Bolts on Come From?

A50CROSLEYTRK@...

On mine it was the casting seam behind the generator bracket.  I guess I tightened the fitting too tight and cracked it.  Tried to weld it and was a no go.
         Robert

In a message dated 11/2/2018 11:28:50 AM Eastern Standard Time, dennis.terdy@... writes:

"Oil in ledge under engine side plates (10 bolts each side)"

I have not seen a Crosley yet without oil pooled in the ledge beneath the side plates (ones covering cylinders on both sides) of CIBA engine. I have tightened the oil pressure connection to the block on both of my Crosleys - still leaking. What is the source? Please advise. Thank you.