Re: Where Does Oil Where Block Bolts on Come From?

dale@servicemotors.net

Its the bolts that hold down the cylinder to the crankshaft housing.  I use copper sealing washers under the nuts and seems to stop the leaks.

On Nov 2, 2018, at 8:28 AM, Dennis Terdy <dennis.terdy@...> wrote:

"Oil in ledge under engine side plates (10 bolts each side)"

I have not seen a Crosley yet without oil pooled in the ledge beneath the side plates (ones covering cylinders on both sides) of CIBA engine. I have tightened the oil pressure connection to the block on both of my Crosleys - still leaking. What is the source? Please advise. Thank you.