Re: Cardboard deflectors around radiator

Madeline Kay Putney

I have not seen the boards for a CD but I built replacements for my VC from galvinized tin. They worked great.

On Saturday, October 20, 2018, 7:24 PM, Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io <flinttim@...> wrote:

They are very simple. You have a radiator support running across the front. The cardboards fill in the two gaps on either side of the radiator from the upper support down to the lower support. The one on the horn side has a hole cut in it for the horn bell to stick through. Look close and you will see the holes in the upper and lower supportĀ  for the clips that hold the boards. The lower 1" inch or so of the cardboards is bent at a 90 deg and the clips go down into the support while the upper ones go in horizontal. Give it a look and you will see . The one everyone misses is the one in the hood. Look close at the hood andĀ  how the air flows and you will see how it is shaped.I go to the local supply that sells 1/8" foam core for sign boards. Sign shops put vinyl graphics on it. Won't rot or decay.