Re: Changing wiring harness

Steve

Got my wiring harness from Service Motors.

-Steve M.

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of dale@...
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 8:26 AM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Changing wiring harness

Hi ron

Service motors does have the wiring harness for your car in stock and they do have all the correct ends and are just like the originals.  You may find others a bit less expensive but remember one thing, you get what you pay for especially when it come to wiring.

Dale

On Oct 18, 2018, at 5:32 AM, Ron Dole <rdole417@...> wrote:

As I was working on my 49 Sedan restoration yesterday, I came to a sad conclusion. When I was pulling out the torn cardboard radiator sides, I found several of the wires were dry rotted and the insulation was cracking off. I did more checking, and found several other spots where this was happening. Well, it makes sense to go big, and change the whole wiring harness, to avoid future wiring problems. My question is, who have you used as a new harness supplier, and were you happy with it? There are several listed in the Crosley parts suppliers listing. Did anyone have problems with a particular suppliers harness? Did it come with correct terminals?  I see prices vary from about $500 to about $700.

Ron