Re: No high end power

Todd Swangstu

I ran a Restoration shop for 20 years and still do it on the side.  Restoration 101- NEVER make assumptions.  Just because this is a "new restoration" a red flag went up immediately with your comment "and it is a new exhaust...I THINK".  You need to check it.

Dealing with aftermarket parts I have had DOZENS of odd failures and issues from NEW parts that took weeks to track down.  All due to poor manufacturing quality.  One of the internal baffles in the exhaust may have slipped into the incorrect position or was welded in improperly.   Also...I have seen on several occasions restored vintage cars that have been stored over winters that have the exhaust filled debris by hibernating rodents.  Even nice buildings have mice....

But it is your car and do with this info as you please, but discounting it without finding the cause is not a good idea. Keep the info in back of your mind and when you run out of other ideas check into it.  It could very possibly be the cause.  That is a CLASSIC plugged exhaust symptoms you have.

Good Luck

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 9:38 AM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Another good thought Gabe, Jeff told me the car at rest would rev all the way up with no problem.  It also seemed to go to top end in first gear, however under load of second and third would not speed up.

On Sep 27, 2018 9:31 AM, Gabriel Haddad <super51.g100@...> wrote:
Jeff, Is throttle linkage being restricted?

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018, 9:50 PM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
Yes,  A new exaust system, and everything else completely restored. I will have some time tomorrow late afternoon to work on a couple of suggestions. I will let you know how it turns out.

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018, 8:58 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Nice idea Todd, but this is a new restoration with, (I think) a new exhaust system.