Re: Crosley, No high end power

Richard Williams

Check the valve clearances.

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:50 PM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Help please,   I am missing something. I have a rebuilt engine. I have a new wiring harness, a good coil, new points adjusted to .022.  Spark plugs adjusted to .025. New wires, cap and rotor, and have made sure the lobes in the bottom of the distributor move freely. I replaced the condenser with another one off one of my running Crosleys.  I believe I have the timing just right. Plenty of fuel, and a tillotson carb that is adjusted and works very well. At a standstill, the engine will start with a touch of the button and rev up and without any hesitation really scream and sound like it is ready to fly. Going down the road, First gear is fine, and will take me to 20 miles per hour. Second gear starts out good, then will only get me to 28 mikes per hour and the engine starts to falter, third gear just plods along at 30 mph and there is no more power. I am stumped ! And I have hand timed all of my other Crosleys. I just do not know what else to look for.
   Jeffrey