From: Doug Daniel via Groups.Io <sanfelipedoug@...>
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Cc: Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io <flinttim@...>; Steve <brawnybug@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 9:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Converting 6" mechanical brakes to hydraulic (not going to 9" but keeping the 6" drums)

Austin Healy Sprite were 4 bolts on 4” circle same as Crosley.  The Sprites had 4 wheel hydraulic brakes with disc on front.

Thanks

       Doug

On Aug 30, 2018, at 4:28 PM, PATRICIA GRITTI <donald-gritti@...> wrote:

Hi
Checked Amazon for 1978 to 1980 Ford Fiesta disc brake parts. The pictures seem to show five bolt rotors. Guess they could be drilled for Crosley four bolt.

Don

We have had cars at Wauseon with disc brakes adapted from an early Ford Fiesta.  The early Fiesta (‘80’s) had 12 inch wheels.  As I mentioned before, Joey DeLorenzo adapted the disc brakes by turning down the 6 inch drum into a hub that accepted disc rotors.  Much the same as today’s cars.

From: Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io
Date: Thu, Aug 30, 2018 4:10 PM

I have rebuilt the complete system (mechanical) on my 49 and they might do but I am exploring possibilities. Truthfully I may end up finding a complete disc brake system and rebuilding it for my 49.9" Bendix are getting rare as hen's teeth because everyone has the same idea. I'm looking at options that may help future Crosley guys and  gals.